le'Boqks en'le Foteque

le'Boqks en'le Foteque
Blogging isn't always easy!

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Air Guns

Ahh, air guns. How much fun are these? I must have been about 5 years old when my dad went out and bought me my first one. It was a Red Ryder I think, and I spent hours in the backyard, shooting at targets painted on cardboard boxes. I remember the thrill of shooting these things like it was yesterday--walking beside my dad, me with my air gun, and he with the .22 that he'd occasionally let me shoot. Shooting a real gun made me feel so grown up, like a kid drinking apple cider from a champagne flute at Thanksgiving dinner. Classic childhood memories.

2 comments:

Blogging Girl said...

Holy Pellet Guns Batman! this is great info - Thanks Blog Man!

nutria said...

Shooting guns has always made me feel grown up, too! I think I will definitely invest in one of these bad boys!